Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ready to roll

The time has come. My eating habits are out of control, I have no consistency in my exercise routine, and I am not fitting nicely into my big jeans. It is time. I am ready. Let me start with my weight journey. I was a fat kid. I loved (and still do) cookies, candy bars, etc. I grew up in a big family. My parent taught me many great things... but not how to eat healthy. We had sugar cereals of every kind. Cookies and candy galore. I was a fat kid. The summer before my senior year in high school I went away to work. I worked hard and ate 3 square meals a day. Not many snacks- no sugar cereals, no candy bars, I just ate like you 'should'. I lost a lot of weight. I was motivated. I looked good. I came home, started my senior year and continued to lose weight. I maintained my weight until I was about 30. Marriage, four kids, stress, etc. And now I am back to square one. I am that fat kid again. I eat whatever, whenever I want to. So I am starting over. I need a plan. I have done it before, I can do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, 2 posts already. Anway, you were not a fat kid. You might have a complex.

    ReplyDelete