Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Realistic Goals...

Lately when I have been making goals, I haven't been completely realistic. I need to step back and look at my life and then make goals. I am a stay at home mom. I have four young children. I have a husband. I have a house to take care of and laundry to get done. I help in the classroom. I serve in my church. I have friends. I have responsibility. My life is different than it was when I was a teenager. Of course I would like to set my goals high. But I want to feel success.

Goal #1: Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Basically, have water wherever I go. Okay, I really already do this. But I want to keep track and make sure I am really getting the full water intake.

Goal #2: Eat 2 fruits and 1 cup of veggies a day. I know, I know. This is not up to the food pyramid guidelines. I have to start small- I have to start somewhere. So this is where I will start.

Goal #3: Exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes, consistently. This doesn't seem like a lot. I need to start somewhere and build upon that. I want to be consistent... this is my goal.

Goal #4: Eat lunch. I mean, a sandwich, or a salad. Sit down and eat lunch. I don't think I have been eating lunch now for a few years. I just grab whatever is on the counter or in the freezer (chocolate chips) and go.

Goal #5: Sit down when I eat. Usually I am standing on the other side of the bar eating while my kids are eating at the other end. Not a great habit , I know. I have been eating on the run.

Goal #6: Write down everything I am eating. I am not ready to keep track of 'points' (ww) but I do want to know what exactly I am consuming. This is an important (and scary) step.

Okay, here I go... wish me luck, good luck, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment